FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., January 11, 2024 / B3C newswire / -- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, will showcase numerous drug delivery innovations at Pharmapack 2024, which will take place on January 24-25, 2024 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, in Paris.
BD, a Premium Partner for Pharmapack, will participate in several educational sessions during the conference sharing insights that build on decades of expertise in partnering with the biopharmaceutical industry to advance drug delivery excellence.
At the event, BD will host two, in-person learning labs:
- “Oxygen Permeability Considerations and Performance for Prefillable Syringes” on January 24, from 15:10 – 15:40 presented by Guillaume LeHee, R&D Staff Engineer.
- “Challenges of E&L Experience”on January 25, from 12:10 – 12:40 presented by Cecile Perret, DCP Analytical Expert.
BD will also conduct an interactive workshop on “Transforming Pharma Fill/Finish with RFID-Enabled PFS: Use Cases and Live Demo” on January 24, from 14:30-15:10. Speakers are Yacine Haddadi, Global Marketing Manager at BD and Jenni Krohn, Market Development Manager at Avery Dennison Smartrac.
BD is also sponsoring a conference on Large Volume Drug Delivery on January 24, from 14:15 – 17:10. Yitian Xiao, Scientific Business Development leader from BD will present "De-risking combination product development with a robust ISO-10993-1 (2018) testing strategy to support biocompatibility and minimize development timelines" from 15:10 – 15:35. Then, a panel discussion will bring together industry experts to discuss the future of large volume drug delivery from 16:10 – 17:10. Beth DiLauri, Director of Portfolio Marketing from BD, will participate in the panel discussion.
At the booth, BD will share its wide portfolio of products, services and integrated solutions to help meet the needs of pharma and biotech companies developing combination products. BD experts will be on site to discuss a variety of topics related to the next generation of drug delivery.
- For vaccination needs, BD offers a wide portfolio of prefillable syringes (PFS) including BD Effivax™ Glass Prefillable Syringe – a next-generation glass prefillable syringe that has been designed in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies to meet the complex and evolving needs of vaccine manufacturing. BD Effivax™ Glass Prefillable Syringe sets a new standard in performance for vaccine PFS with new and tightened specifications for processability, cosmetics, and integrity.(1)
- BD is working to support the delivery of medications that address chronic disease outcomes in areas such as diabetes, obesity, oncology and autoimmune disorders, and also to meet the need for technologies that enable care to be delivered in new settings. BD’s advanced drug delivery systems portfolio offers self-injection systems that support the subcutaneous delivery of drugs across a broad range of volume and viscosity needs. This includes the BD Libertas™ Wearable injector* – designed for the subcutaneous delivery of large volume, high-viscosity biologics in a single-use, disposable “ready-to-use” system for patient administration with no assembly required (2); and BD Evolve™ On-body Injector* – a programmable, variable dose on-body injector. The BD Evolve™ On-body Injector offers pharmaceutical companies a wearable solution that enables new delivery formats in alternate settings and is designed to enable subcutaneous administration of up to 3 mL of medication, with up to three days of wear.(3)
- BD also helps customers who want to co-pack or co-deliver administration devices with their drugs. Typically, they do so to support proper administration, or as a service to the end user, or to control the drug administration material (e.g., in clinical trials). BD provides reconstitution, injection and infusion devices. These devices may be used for complex administration routes (such as ophthalmic drug reconstitution), as well as for cell and gene therapies (C>), home use of chronic drugs or vaccination campaigns.
- A complete range of services will be showcased across BD Pharmaceutical Services and Solutions and ZebraSci™ Inc. combination product services to help pharma companies achieve their goals from development to launch.
- Lastly, BD looks forward to convening attendees at an Innovation station featuring exciting new product innovations and concepts that focus on providing product traceability to support quality and operations excellence, digital connectivity of injection data and a flexible large-volume solution platform designed to support patients’ medication delivery needs.
BD is committed to driving innovation for combination products across the design space, and the company looks forward to the on-site collaboration with biopharmaceutical partners.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its more than 70,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com or connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/bd1/, X (formerly Twitter) @BDandCo or Instagram @becton_dickinson.
VP, Public Relations
BD Investor Relations
- BD internal references, Customer Quality Specification BD Hypak™ for Vaccine SC000110, BD Effivax™ SC000243, BD Medical – Pharmaceutical Systems Le Pont de Claix, France.
- Design Input Specification for BD Libertas™ Platform (Internal report), 2021. Franklin Lakes, USA: Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- BD internal references, BD Evolve™ On-body Injector Capabilities.
*BD Libertas™ Wearable Injector and BD Evolve™ On-body Injector are products in development; some statements are forwarding looking and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties. BD Evolve™ On-body Injector is a device component intended for drug-device combination products and not subject to FDA 510(k) clearance.
Keywords: Marketing; Drug Delivery Systems; Syringes; Glass; Injections; Subcutaneous Tissue; Drug Stability; Drug Combinations; Chronic Disease; Technology; Hospitals; Wearable Electronic Devices; Self Administration; Radio Frequency Identification Device; Viscosity; Vaccines; Biotechnology; Equipment Design; Biological Products; Pharmaceutical Preparations; Biological Therapy; North America; France
Published by B3C newswire